Tuesday, August 04, 2009

24 hours of Fun

Andrew had a 24 hour overnight in L.A. so our wonderful grandparents watched the kids and i hopped on Andrew's flight from Denver to Aspen and then Aspen to L.A. It was so fun to have him fly me across the country and we had a blast on our 24 hour vacation! : )


First things first.... Mmmmmm

We were pretty happy with our bright BLUE rental car- they upgraded us from economy to standard plus we never had trouble finding it in a parking lot! woohoo


We had such a great time at the beach. It was especially fun to rent this tandem bike -we had a blast. Andrew was very brave to let me sit in front and steer for about 5 min.! i was a pretty dangerous driver.
Our wonderful Californian friends recommended this fabulous little fish restaurant that was right on the coast.


We made it to point dume in time to enjoy the last bit of sunset.

On our way to the airport to send me back home we took another little walk on the beach. We had great weather the whole time!

9 comments:

Jaimee Lavin said...

Wow! What fun! Looks like you had a wonderful getaway with lovely weather. Thanks for sharing the pics. Meg, I think we both have the same brown skirt - love it! :) A most happy and blessed birthday to you!
Love always,
Jaimee

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am SO happy you guys got a mini summer trip. :) You deserved it! It looks like you had a blast...but then how could you not, you both know how to have fun wherever you go! Love ya, Joelle and Bryan

Ashley said...

So much fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!! You managed to do a lot in that 24 hours! Love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at the pictures you two get with both of you in it! :) You are the cutest couple ever...and you look right at home in CA. Love, Bethany

Jennifer said...

I love the pics too! What a very fun trip! :)

Virginia Lee said...

Wow, what wonderful grandparents the kids have so you could do that! I am so glad you got the chance to spend that time just the two of you.

Also, you are always dressed so stylin with accessories and everything. When I grow up I'm going to dress just like you!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You hit the top spots in California in just 24 hours - the beach, In&Out, and tandem biking:)

Heidi said...

Hey!
Your CA mini vacation looked like fun! The pictures are great! Isn't the weather great here!! Next time you come to CA, let me know! I would love to see you guys & show you around my home state! Well, Bethany gets to see CA soon! Love you all & it was fun talking to you the other day! I'm glad you & Will had a fun birthday! =)

Anonymous said...

You two are so cute, I love all the photos with you both in them.
Happy Birthday !