Thursday, November 19, 2009

snow and such

We got a great big wonderful snow storm last week (*please insert a tiny bit of sarcasm around the words "great" and "wonderful"*)  Anyway, it was a big storm and left lots of pretty snow that happened to be fantastic for building with. Will and Andrew [mostly andrew] built an amazing igloo in our backyard which has provided hours of entertainment for both of them! :)
 

I got a spurt of love for the snow the night it started coming down and talked andrew into going out to shovel at almost midnight. it was actually very beautiful and quite a lot of fun.

 
here are the boys with the beginnings of their igloo

 
Ready to start digging it out!

 
Done!

 
It was so big they even ate lunch in there together.

 
I'm a bit claustrophobic, so they took a picture from the inside of me at the outer entrance- showing how long the tunnel to the main cave was. pretty impresive, i'd say. :)

 

 
Hot chocolate time



And lastly, here's a picture to show you why the snow wasn't super appreciated- we were having lovely "take your socks off"  kind of weather several days before.oh well. :)
This is a pic. of my adorable niece and nephew enjoying one of those warm days on the grass. They will be a year old next month!

3 comments:

Lavin girls said...

Wow! these pictures are amazing! What a fun igloo - they must have loved it in there. =)
Gideon and Calliope are just precious! Such a sweet family. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with the igloo...i didn't realize that the proper technique was to pile it all up and then dig it out but it seems to have worked well...I'll have to try that next time I make an igloo:)

Heidi said...

Wow, to me that looks like a lot of snow, but hey I live in California, so what do I know about snow?!LOL! =)The igloo is awesome! Great job Andrew! Looks like Will enjoyed it very much! Wish it was cold here, but not that cold. Still warm and sunny here! Calliope & Gideon are very cute! love & hugs!