I can sometimes get a little discouraged by the fact that we're still changing tons and tons of diapers even though the girls are 2 something...and then i start to think about what it will be like to add another little bum to the line up in a couple months...yikes! that's a lot of diapers. And a lot of diapers boxes! However, we just recently started recycling ( i know, what planet are we from?!) so since we now break down all the cardboard etc. i noticed we were accumulating a bit of a collection of diaper boxes waiting to be prepped for the recycle bin. I also noticed how extremely sturdy those boxes were and what a handy little size they happened to be. So, I decided to try and pretty one up a bit and put it to use! Now, I'm actually a little excited when its time to buy a new box of diapers because i know i'll also get a handy new storage box. i have big plans to make a bunch for nursery storage in fun coordinating colors...

supplies: box, scissors, scrapbook paper- at least 4 1/2 sheets, decoupage glue or mod podge, duck tape
1. tape down the sides- makes it even sturdier
2. Fold the paper over the top a bit then start gluing it all around the box
3. When all the sides are complete, spread a thick layer of glue all over.
4. If you're motivated you could also glue paper onto the inside of the box or spray paint it.
4. Happily store items in your beautiful new box
4 comments:
I really like this idea, Meagan. I've never done anything with decoupage before, but you've inspired me to try it sometime! How are the nursery plans coming? Praying for you, my friend, and really missing you dear girls!
Such a cute idea Megs! I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery...I know it's going to be just as adorable as all of your other projects. Love and prayers!
I love this - what a cute idea. You're so creative, Meagan!
Megs...you are so creative! I need to start doing this with my diaper boxes! What a brilliant idea! :) And yeah...how is the nursing coming? love ya!
Post a Comment